Lansing Auto Accident Statistics
Car accidents can happen when you least expect it, whether you’re traveling in Lansing or anywhere else; for this reason, we are sharing insightful Lansing auto accident statistics, compiled by the Michigan Office of Highway Safety Planning. We all know that there are some areas that are busier, more congested than others. It is in these locations where you should remain especially alert, both when it comes to your actions behind the wheel and the actions of others who share Michigan roads. To help you prepare for what you may encounter, we have listed some of the most dangerous intersections in the Lansing area. If you have any questions, please contact one of our Lansing auto accident attorneys.
Dangerous intersections in Lansing, Michigan
- Grand River Ave. and Hagadorn Rd. – 65 crashes (10 injury, 55 property damage)
- East Jolly Rd. and South Cedar St. – 42 crashes (8 injury, 34 property damage)
- West Michigan Ave. and South Brown St. – 31 crashes (8 injury, 23 property damage)
- BUS 127 (North West Ave.) and West North St. – 27 crashes (7 injury, 20 property damage)
- West Saginaw Hwy and South Waverly Rd. – 40 crashes (4 injury, 36 property damage)
- West Saginaw Hwy and North Canal Rd. – 39 crashes (1 injury, 38 property damage)
- West Saginaw Hwy and Elmwood Rd. – 33 crashes (2 injury, 31 property damage)
Lansing, Michigan crash statistics
The Michigan Office of Highway Safety Planning has compiled traffic accident statistics for the state of Michigan. We are highlighting those that might be of interest to Lansing-area residents. For more information, visit their website.
Ingham County (2013)
- Total number of crashes: 8,696
- 18,857 motor vehicle drivers and passengers
- 124 bicyclists
- 87 pedestrians
- Greatest number crashes occurred in these municipalities:
- Lansing – 3,715 crashes
- East Lansing – 1,285 crashes
- Meridian Township- 905 crashes
- The highest number of fatal crashes and fatalities occurred in August.
- Motorcycles were involved in 0.6% of total vehicles in crashes, but were involved in 20.7% of total fatal crashes.
Eaton County (2013)
- Total number of crashes: 3,172
- 5,563 motor vehicle drivers and passengers
- 11 bicyclists
- 9 pedestrians
- Greatest number of crashes occurred in these municipalities:
- Delta Township: 1,045 crashes
- Windsor: 279 crashes
- Charlotte: 243 crashes
- The highest number of fatal crashes and fatalities occurred in October.